Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflection

At the start of this course, I stated that my teaching style involved student participation and technology. I feel that now, after eight weeks, I still believe these are essential elements in teaching the youth of today. This course has provided me with numerous activities, strategies, websites and ideas to assist me in sticking with my teaching style.

One strategy I feel will benefit my students that we discussed during this course was cooperative learning. While I did use this briefly in my classroom, I feel I now have a better grasp on how to successfully incorporate it into my classroom because of this course. Students need to be involved in their learning process and also need to work collaboratively with peers in order to reach a common goal. Cooperative learning prepares students for working with others in real world experiences.

One resource from this course that I felt was extremely beneficial was my introduction to Voicethread. I have already used the site in my classroom and have a multitude of ideas of how to incorporate it in the future. Children love the computer and love supplying classmates with their criticisms. Therefore, in my English class this serves as such a powerful tool.

This course has provided me with resources to further my incorporation of technology in the classroom and has given me so many new ideas and resources to use. I feel I have gained a great knowledge of technology and how to reach my students of this technologically based generation

No comments:

Post a Comment